- Kill Power: Charizard yields great kill power in his attacks. He can whiff punish with a sweetspot F-Tilt or B-Air to burn the opponent's stocks to the ground.
- Fast OOS: Charizard's U-Smash frightens landing opponents for its high kill power and frame 6 startup. Fly is also an extremely dangerous move with frame 9 startup and super armor on frame 4.
- Ledge Trapping: With his lingering N-Air and Flamethrower, Charizard can force ledge options that are punishable with a Grab.
- Great Grounded Options: Charizard has a top 10 run speed and top 5 initial dash. Alongside his disjointed tilts and Dash Attack, Zard is super effective against grounded approaches!
- Combo Food: Despite having long survivability, Charizard's size and weight make him easy to combo.
- Bad Disadvantage: Charizard's average air mobility and slow attacks can leave him getting juggled a lot at disadvantage. Although Charizard holds 2 air jumps, Fly is easy to 2 frame, and Flare Blitz is very reactable and easy to punish.
- Shield Safety: Charizard's fadebackMoving away from an opponent N-Air, spaced F-Tilt, and D-Tilt are his only options that are safe on shield. Other attacks like D-Air can leave him vulnerable to hard punishes.
- Poor Ledge Options: Charizard doesn't have a safe landing tool to escape corner pressure. His options can be shielded and result in punishes that will keep him stuck at disadvantage.
- Linear Approaches: Since Charizard's tilts, B-Air, and N-Air are stronger in neutral than his other aerials, most of his approaches prioritize shielding and retreating, which can become predictable.
- Lackluster Combo Game: Unlike most characters, Charizard has very few combo starters and combo routes. His combo starting moves outside of N-Air are also easy to whiff punish.